We manage the process every step of the way from start to finish. Here is how we do it:
The first step is to schedule a phone conversation or meeting with Context Homes. During this consultation, we will discuss your needs, options, budget, and parameters. We will also answer your questions and determine the next steps.
If you will be using bank financing for your new home, it is important to establish a budget upfront and get pre-approved from a bank for the construction loan. Context is familiar with the bank approval process and can assist you with connecting with one of our lenders or speak with your bank.
NEEDS ASSESMENT AND SITE FEASIBILITY 1–2 WEEKS
During feasibility, Context studies and/or coordinates with consultants the following work to generate an estimate and feasibility review:
• Required permits, design reviews, and associated fees
• Site survey and soil test results
• Access, shipping, and installation costs
• Modular costs to meet client specifications
• Site construction costs
Context charges a base fee for feasibility depending on scope. Consultant fees such as site survey, geotechnical reports, septic design, etc. are additional costs.
ARCHITECTURE AND ENGINEERING 4–8 WEEKS
The next step is to contract with Context for the design and engineering. Our standard plans are included in the price of the home, with additional costs for customization. Each home must be specifically engineered to its site conditions, additional engineering fees may be required depending on the specifics of the site.
Included in these services are:
• Architecture and engineering drawings
• Assembling permit package and forms
• Submitting for and obtaining modular permits
• Submitting for and obtaining a local jurisdiction building permit
• Selection of all finishes (interior and exterior) which will determine final costs
• Preparing detailed estimation of the modular portion of the home
• Coordination on site development. Context will generate a detailed scope of work for onsite work needed to complete the home.
CONTRACT AND PERMIT 2–6 WEEKS (BASED ON LOCAL JURISDICTION LEAD TIMES)
Once contracts are executed Context Homes will submit for regulatory approval and local permits. Construction commences upon issuance of approval and a 25% initial payment for the module portion of the contract is received.
PRE-FABRICATE 6–12 WEEKS
Construction in the factory and site construction will run concurrent. A 50% progress payment on the modules portion of the contract is due halfway through the fabrication process and the final payment for the module portion of the contract is due at factory completion. Work remaining on site will be paid per the bank draw schedule.
DELIVER, COMPLETE AND READY TO OCCUPY 2–6+ WEEKS
Approximately two months from the start of construction, your home will be delivered and installed. It usually takes one day to set your home. Once set it will take 2–6+ weeks to complete construction. You will then be ready to move in and call it home!